If you’re a Sims 4 player and you’ve ever found yourself struggling to rotate stairs while building, you’re not alone. Rotating stairs can be a bit tricky, especially for new players or those returning to the game. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of rotating stairs in Sims 4, providing you with two different methods to accomplish this task. So, let’s dive in and learn different methods on how to rotate stairs in Sims 4!
Method 1: Rotating Stairs with Your Mouse
- Select the staircase in your build mode by left-clicking on it.
- Once you’ve selected the staircase, you’ll see a set of arrows appear.
- Look for the semicircle arrow located at the bottom of the stairs. This arrow is used for rotating the staircase.
- Hold and drag the semicircle arrow left or right while moving your mouse. This action will rotate the stairs.
- Continue dragging the arrow until you find the perfect angle for your stairs.
Method 2: Rotating Stairs with Keyboard Shortcuts
- Start by selecting the staircase in the game.
- To rotate the stairs, use the “<” (comma) and “>” (period) buttons on your keyboard.
- Press “<” to rotate the stairs counterclockwise or “>” to rotate them clockwise.
- Each press of the buttons will rotate the stairs by 90 degrees.
Remember, you don’t have to hold any keys while using this method. Simply press the desired button, and the stairs will rotate accordingly.
Additional Tips for Placing and Manipulating Stairs
- Placing Stairs: To place stairs in your build, go to the build menu and select the desired style. Move them to the desired location in your house. Note that if the stairs turn red when you try to place them, it means they intersect with objects or walls and cannot be placed in that specific spot.
- Moving Stairs: Once you’ve placed the stairs, you can move them by clicking on them and selecting the icon with four arrows in the menu above the stairs. This will allow you to move the stairs to a different location within the building.
- Changing Stair Shape: If you want to create unique shapes with your stairs, you can rotate portions of the stairs. To do this, select the stairs and click on the curved arrows in the menu above the stairs. You can also use the block with two arrows to rotate the bottom portion of the stairs, creating bends or landings.
By following these methods and tips, you can easily rotate and manipulate stairs in Sims 4 to achieve the desired layout for your builds.
Rotating stairs in Sims 4 is a simple process once you know the methods. Whether you prefer using your mouse or keyboard shortcuts, you can easily rotate stairs to fit your building needs. Experiment with different angles and shapes to create unique and visually appealing structures.